The Lawrence County School System envisions an inclusive, welcoming and safe educational environment in which all students are valued, held to high expectations, and are successful.
Schools and Community: Working Together for Student Success
Our Top 10 Beliefs:
1. Teaching and learning require a healthy, safe, and orderly environment that supports cooperation and collaboration.
2. Great schools are central to strong communities.
3. Parents must be actively engaged in the education of their children.
4. Parent and community involvement is essential to successful schools.
5. Schools must have effective leaders that are lifelong learners.
6. All staff must continue to learn, and all schools must continue to improve.
7. Curricula should focus on enhancing student learning.
8. Experiencing success is crucial to every learner.
9. Students should be challenged in the academics, fine arts, language, and physical activities.
10. Curricula should be rigorous and relevant to real life.